Thursday, August 8, 2013

How to Kick Fear to become the Success you always dreamed of becoming



When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” ~ Audre Lorde

Is fear and apprehension preventing you from becoming the success you always dreamed of becoming? Lets understand where your anxiety is coming from – and find out how you can overcome it.

What’s holding you back from achieving success? Is it a lack of talent/skill to do something worthwhile?

I doubt it!

Chances are you’ve got a compelling passion for a particular type of skill, whether it’s assisting others, developing a product, or supplying a service.

As a counselor, I’ve found that the number one reason most people never take the plunge and start working on their passion is anxiety.

Where oh where does the Fear come from?

I completely understand apprehension because I’ve experienced it myself. Many times in the very far past while was helping others to defeat personal struggles … I found that instead of feeling a sense of achievement, I was drained. I was seeing people go on to better futures and more fulfilling lives through finding their true sense of Self – yet here I was grounded, and almost resentful, after my work was done. Instead of anticipating the next successful patient, I almost shunned taking many on. I was in a dilemma and I did NOT like it one bit!

My dilemma?

When I started feeling this way a few years back, I knew there had to be a change – in my life, in the way I thought and in the way I approached my work. But at the same time, I was fearful that if I changed, the whole thing would go south and I would fail miserably.